Sunday, February 13, 2011

WELCOME TO MY NOUVELLE VIE

La Nouvelle Vie is French for new life. La Nouvelle Vie is exactly what expects me in Brussels. Yet again, I pack my suitcases, say goodbye to my loved ones and board a plane which will take me to the unknown. I have done it twice in the past and landed in two very different places, Galicia and Gabon, which, interestingly, had two important things in common: a handsome Galician man and the fact that I have come to love them. I have come to love the man, too, of course, but that's a whole other story.

This time, it feels slightly different, though. When I first came to Galicia I was a student, and I had my university to guide me through the process of adaptation. In Gabon, I was offered a comfortable home and a job. Belgium, however, is a new challenge: as of yet, nothing structures my life over there; quite the contrary, actually. The flat, the job, the everything will have to come along the way.

What do I know about my new country? Well, it's the very heart of EU, completely unable to form a government. It is bicultural and bilingual in an adorable, antagonistic sort of way. But it's not all bad, keep in mind the absolutely delicious waffles, chocolates and beer. It rains a lot. Oh, and the capital is called Brussels. Am I ready to go or what?

On a more formal note, I am not sure if blogging about Belgium (wow, I love the alliteration!) makes much sense. I mean, the whole point of my becoming a blogger was to catalogue the African adventure (another alliteration, well done, Kasia!). This is why Paradise News was created, and it served the purpose of recording my favourite moments. Will Belgium be worth the same effort? I decided to find out. Stay tuned.

In short, welcome to my Nouvelle Vie. I hope none of us will be disappointed with how it turns out!

4 comments:

  1. Kasiu! powodzenia! trzymam kciuki i czekam na posty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seguireite, ou intentareino con un mal tradutor!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check back daily in the hopes of reading something about your adventures in Brussels, but am daily disappointed! I hope you find time to remedy this soon, my dear! xx

    ReplyDelete