Sunday, January 29, 2012

I WANT BACK

Welcome, yet again...
Hello? Is there anybody in there? 

Well, I've certainly not given up on you yet. Even though it might seem otherwise. I've been thinking about writing for a long time now, and for nearly three months nothing happened. Sentences would spring up to life in my head, nice round sentences they were, but they would get discarded, pushed into the dark matter of my brain - nothing seemed good enough. The less I wrote, the more I thought about writing, and I felt ashamed and guilty - procrastination in full swing.

And today I'm ill, I'm sitting on the sofa, under a nice warm blanket and I let myself get hipnotised by the marvels of Belgian TV. Naps and pills, snacks and teas, and suddenly I feel I'm ready to take the leap and start yet again. You don't give up a hobby just because you work full time. You don't give up on a good friend just because you're going through a murky period. I want back, I really do. The truth is, I like writing. I need the sense of continuity it gives me. Another country, another group of friends, another flat. But the possibility of writing it up is always there, together with a powerful urge to do so. And so, once again, new year, and La Nouvelle Vie, strike two. Stay with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment